Polysorb® is an alternative to clean-up products. Polysorb is constructed from melt-blown polypropylene fiber, and is available in sheets, rolls and some boom products. Compared to using sorbent granules, shop rags or solvents, Polysorb is more reliable, faster and easier to use , and more cost-efficient.
Polysorb also has low flammability, and resists temperature and humidity extremes. It won’t deteriorate when stored on the shelf or outside in exposed conditions.
- Polysorb absorbs 13 to 25 times its own weight in petroleum based liquids in a matter of seconds. Speed of absorption depends upon the density and viscosity of the petroleum-based liquid.
- Polysorb is water-repellent and buoyant, so it won’t sink, break down or lose its effectiveness.
- Easy and economical disposal. Can be incinerated, or buried in accordance with EPA regulations. When buried, it requires much less volume than sorbent granules.
- Chemical-resistant polypropylene boom products absorb oils from tanks, even acid baths.
- Easy to lay down where you want it, and stays together for easier pick-up.
Completely reusable, Polysorb may be wrung out and placed back into service almost immediately. And the sheet-manufactured Polysorb can be folded compactly for easier storage.
Use Polysorb to help skim oils off coolant tanks.
Polysorb has numerous applications, especially where speed, ease of use, storage space and disposal are a concern. Ideal in manufacturing environments for machine leaks, overspray, repair and maintenance, as well as oil production, agriculture, marinas and more. It’s the low-cost answer to troublesome oil spills, drips and leaks.
- GCS = SHEETS
- GCSB = BOOMS
- GCSR = ROLLS
|Product Code||Product Description||Packaging||Cubic Ft./Pkg.||Weight Lbs.|
|GCS-100||15″ x 22 1/2″ x 3/16″ 6 oz./sq. yd.||50 Sheets/Pkg.||1.0||4.5|
|GCS-200||15″ x 22 1/2″ x 3/16″ 6 oz./sq. yd.||200 Sheets/Pkg||4.0||18|
|GCS-300||15″ x 22 1/2″ x 3/8″ 6 oz./sq. yd.||25 Sheets/Pkg||1.0||4.5|
|GCS-400||15″ x 22 1/2″ x 3/8″ 6 oz./sq. yd.||100 Sheets/Pkg||4.0||18|
|GCS-500||30″ x 30″ x 3/8″ 6 oz./sq. yd.||75 Sheets/Pkg||9.3||38|
|GCSB-4000||8″ dia. x 24″ L 2#/Boom||10 Booms/Pkg.||6.0||20|
|GCSB-5000||8″ dia. x 10′ L 10#/Boom||4 Booms/Pkg.||12.1||44|
|GCSB-6000||5″ dia. x 10′ L 4#/Boom||4 Booms/Pkg.||4.0||16|
|GCSR-50||30″ x 180′ x 3/8″ 12 oz./sq. yd.||1 Roll/Pkg.||12.6||38|